We are uniquely positioned having fully equipped application labs at all our facilities world-wide. This means:
- Very fast response times in order to conduct trials prepare rapid prototypes and samples
- Significantly reduce down-time on your production line
- Share and give access to the latest application technology
Our pilot plant is the link between our laboratory and the final production for our customers. Thanks to its excellent equipment, it is possible to produce and test complete lacquer build-ups under realistic conditions. Through the simulation of a small scale production-run, we are able to avoid delays to the customer. Any ensuing adjustments can be undertaken on-site.
Due to the versatility of our facilities, we provide high flexibility in the preparation of samples (according to customer specifications). The production of surfaces ranges from matt to high gloss, as well as haptic, structured or smooth surfaces.
We are able to apply and dry 100% UV systems as well as waterborne systems. Coating with high application weights is possible, just as is the application with fast forward feed. In addition to application and drying, we also have the option of sanding substrates and coatings.
Our pilot plant comprises of the following machines:
- 3 machines with roller-coater application for waterborne and UV systems (width 700 mm)
- Filler machine with application and smoothing-roller for waterborne and UV systems (width 700 mm)
- Filler machine with application and smoothing-roller for waterborne and UV systems (width 1400 mm, forward feed up to 120 m/min)
- UV-dryer with mercury and gallium lamps for colours and colourless UV coatings
- IR-dryer for waterborne materials
- Curtain coater for waterborne and UV-based materials
- Printing machine with 3 cylinders for indirect printing on wood surfaces and for the printing of haptic surfaces
Additionally, our fully-equipped laboratory for quality control provides all the latest test methods such as:
- Abrasion resistance according to DIN and Falling Sand
- Scratch resistance according to DIN and Martindale
- Extensive resistance tests
- UV and light fastness tests
- Cold check
- Water resistance tests
We are permanently improving and modernizing our pilot plant. We offer our customers the advantages of the latest market developments and employ our up-to-date knowledge to continually improve our customer’s products.
Worldwide, we have five pilot plants in which we can conduct your trials. Please contact us for any further information regarding our regional pilot plants.